We love the change of the seasons, especially when it is the intense seasons of Winter or Summer. The relief that the changes offer is what I look forward to. I am not a fan of Summer because I cannot cool off, but at least, in Winter, I can dress warm, with layers. Coolness does not come without a machine.
I do love the growing season, though. Fresh vegetables and fruits that are scarce during the Winter come back in the Summer with great bounty. I am able to enjoy better vegetables at better prices or barter to gain other vegetables or fruits. I love living in a small town for just that reason. Grow one thing and your neighbor grow another.
Then you can have extra that you sell so you can afford to grow these things. It is a wonderful time of year. I am praying that I get to grow something this year. You never know with all that is going on. I still have not even cut my grass, much less set up a garden. My son-in-law, that is another story.
He has a garden already planted with plants starting to rise. He is a farmer right! Every year he and my daughter have a beautiful garden with wonderful tasting plants. It is always a blessing to them. I am so grateful that he has done that, and he is good at it too. I always love a good garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment