I really wondered why there was a debate about this. There was over one billion dollars extra, and the government wanted to tax us on gas, again. What was the money for? This extra that they had lying around? It was for whatever, so they wanted to what? I am not sure, but I am so glad to say that they did not give themselves a raise.
I am sure that was on the agenda, but from what I understand, that changed because of a radio talk show. It is on in the mornings on 94.5 WYRD. It is called the Tara Show and she said today that because of the publicity that was given to this matter, the vote was to fix the roads with the excess money.
It is so wonderful to have heard the government of a state do right by their constituents. A penny tax increase may not seem like much in the beginning, but that is every single time you go to the pump you pay. That is on every gallon, every single time. Over time, that would add up. I drive a Prius and it would not hurt too much, but I drive one because I cannot afford gas in a different car.
Our roads are horrendous and that is why we allowed the government to raise the gas tax in the beginning. The idea that they wanted to raise it again after just raising it 17 cents is crazy. I might be a little slow on the uptake at times, but excess money should pay for wht is needed, and this time it did.
WOOOHOOO! It is a good day in South Carolina.
No comments:
Post a Comment