Thursday, March 10, 2016

Drivers and Driving

I have to ask... do you drive selfishly? Do you cut people off in traffic lanes? Do you race ahead in a lane that is closed so you can be ahead of others waiting in the traffic? If you do any of these, then you may be a selfish driver. It is so easy to become selfish when we are driving and when we are in a hurry, even more so.

Our days are busy but that should not give us an excuse to be ugly drivers. Would you act like you do when you drive, in public? Would you cut in line at the grocery store? No, most people would not. So why then do we act like selfish jerks when we drive? What ever happened to road coutesy? After being in traffic all day and finding creative ways to keep my cool, I have decided we are rude and selfish.

My husband always tells me you can tell a person by the way they drive. I really hate to think that we are all that angry and rude. I meet people and do not see the selfishness, but get them behind the wheel of a car, and they become a different person. I know one person that is so sweet they would give you the shirt and shoes they are wearing, but they drive like they are the only ones that matter.

I am not sure what causes this but I do know that I am aware of it and I try to be who I am all of the time. I am a courteous driver that gives way but that just gets me run over. I do not know why we cannot all slow down and maybe rush hour would not be so vicious.  That was funny wasn't it?

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment