I w.ant to speak a little on friends that become family and family that are friends. There is a great distinction between the two. The ability to have family that become friends is great and almost normal, but the friends that become family, that is indeed rare.
Friends are quick to change course, and family have a tendency to be fickle, but when you get both in one, that is a wonderful boon. I have not ever been able to really experience this until I met my sisters in Church. These Sisters give me a rare look into what it means to be a part of that. I have a sister in blood that is a great friend, and one that is a sister, but to have a relationship that makes me want to cry with the love I feel for them? That is definitely something new for me.
I had friends that I trusted with my life and my deepest secrets. They taught me to be more careful with my secrets and my friendship. The need to share was my own, and it was my bad. I will not ever trust like that again, but I still love and give. I know if I need someone, I have a Sister I can call, but they can also call me.
I know they are there for me, whereas my blood sisters are the bomb. I have one that allows me to walk in and out of her house constantly. I so appreciate her and all that she is. I have not ever met another like my sister, and I am so blessed to have her. She is amazing and is my friend. I have the best relationship with her, and I am so grateful that she allows it.
I have been blessed to have both in my life, but I have also been blessed to learn lessons from friends. These lessons did not scar me, but they did teach me to keep my business, my business. I appreciate that because I know now not to overshare. Like I said, that was my fault. I learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment