Saturday, February 27, 2016

Republican and Democrat or Independent

During this presidential race, I have heard nothing but ugly. I listen to talk radio and watch the news, so I know what the public are saying. That is the problem, what they are saying.

I understand having a candidate that you want in the White House, what I do not understand is not voting because your candidate did not win the primary. Not voting in the election because your candidate did not win is RIDICULOUS. 

Not voting for say, Donald Trump, because he was the one who won the party is like voting for the other side. You might as well be a Democrat and vote for the Democrats if you do not vote at all. It is your right as an American to vote.

Freedoms that we fought for are crumbling and if we do not vote, then we are giving a right. I do not understand how a person can say they are an Amercian and not want to vote because they are, basically, throwing a temperature tantrum?! We are a society founded on certain rights, not voting gives them away.

I cannot imagine how the people that fought for the right to vote are feeling when they hear these fanatics say they are giving up that right. I know that my candidate will not make the cut and I will have to vote for someone that I did not want to, but I will still vote. Will you?

Please go to the polls and vote. No matter what, you have to at least try.

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment