Thursday, February 4, 2016

Drugs

I have a question, and it is deep. Where is the line between addiction and necessity? I know a person that is in so much pain that he cannot function without his medication. It is an opiate and he has to have them every four hours. His pain never goes away, so he takes more than prescribed. Is this addicted? I am not sure.

There are times that I have to take my medicine more than prescribed because I am in such pain. I have been known to take two at one time in order to keep the pain away. I am a firm believer in drugs. Does this make me addicted? I cannot go without it, but that is because the pain will become unbearable with the fibro. The pain is not kept in check very well, but without the medicine, the pain becomes like body neuropathy.

So, again, is that addicted? No. I need the medicine and I will take it until it no longer works and then I will get something stronger. I cannot deal with the pain, but I can deal with the drugs, even the side effects. Walking a line of need or addiction, I am not sure, but I do know that without, I am like poison to myself.

There are other ways that I keep the pain away too. I have to supplement my medication with other medication. Is this a start to addiction? I am not sure. I just know that I will take my drugs and not say anything about anybody taking drugs. After all, I may be addicted.

It is a vicious cycle that drugs do to me, though. I was always a happy person, then I developed fibromyalgia. Then I started taking medication for it. The medicine causes me to have headaches, so there is that medicine. That is two, then it causes me to be depressed. So, now I am in pain, depressed, and have constant headaches.

Now I have to take drugs for the depression, the pain, the headaches; all caused by a fall at a person's house. AND I had to pay for the chiro visit after the fall. Good deeds and all. I would do it over again, I just would not fall.

Even though I have an excuse, does it make it right for me to take my medicine differently than prescribed? I have talked to my doctor about it and get leeway about it, but that does not excuse it, or does it?

                
   
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment