I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I love it and wish I could learn more about creating a better blog, but then I hate it because it takes so much time to accomplish tasks that used to take only a small amount of time.
I remember when the store had prices on the item, and the cashier manually punched in the numbers of the price into the register. The process took only a few minutes, but now, if there is no bar code, or the code had not been scanned, or the sale price was not scanned, etc., all of these create chaos and headaches in the retail industry. Technology was and is meant to make our lives easier, and better, but that is not always the case.
On the other hand, I love it because it allows me freedoms that I would not have. Like a chance at having a job doing what I love, or keeping track of my files. Technology lets me attend school remotely. This is the only way I can go to school and without the technology for doing this, I would not enjoy this gift.
So, now you can see that I have the same relationship that a lot of you do. I admit it. I use technology for my benefit, but I also know that it can be my worst enemy. It can drive me crazy, fix my problems, and remind me who I am. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment