Friday, January 29, 2016

OMG! I am SO Scared

I do not know if I am the only one, but I am so scared of the elections this year. I used to get so excited about the elections, and wanted to vote, so I could complain if the they were not doing what they said they would, or I could say, I did not vote for them so it is not my fault. Now, I am just frightened of the choices that we have.

I have been a Republican, but I am not sure why. Maybe because my parents were, or maybe because the Democrats no longer stand for what they used to. I do not like the idea of people having everything having their basic needs handed to them. I am a firm believer in "by the sweat of thine brow" and the Democrats take that away.

Not everyone is able to work, I understand this. I have no problem helping those who cannot help themselves. I have a problem helping those who refuse to help themselves. I am not saying do away with the welfare system, I am saying drug test the people who are on the welfare program. I know for a fact that there are some that are on drugs. I see no problem with this.

I have to be drug tested to work in any job out there. I see no reason they cannot be drug tested. If it is against any right, then any drug test is against that right. I do not see this issue being addressed in the political arena, and I am sure it will not even make a blip on the radar, but I think it is a fault in our system.

If we get Bernie Sanders, the Socialist, we are doomed. He will try to hand away everything to those who do nothing. This cannot make a feasible economy. Clinton is now guilty of having top secret emails on her server. This means that she has lied to the Americans time and again. So, that is the Democratic choice. I know there has to be someone else running in the Democratic race, but for the life of me I cannot think who it is. I will find out. Martin O'Malley. That is who is running with them. Do not know anything about him, do you?

Now, we have the Republican party. Oh, that is a sad state. The individuals that are running in this party make me want to cry. Really. They claim to be this and that, but really, they are only trying to say what they think we want to hear. Then we have the DT. Donald Trump. He is in your face and he says what he wants to. Many people are drawn to that even though he is not conservative by any means.

This ability to say what he wants and still draw people is because people want to do that, but they are too scared. I do not think people are thinking about how he will create a nightmare in our International Affairs. Saying things that are crass in our culture is an OK thing because we believe in that right. Other cultures do not share that freedom and therefore will take affront to what he says.

I know I would love to say things, but I also know that it is better to be able to pick your battles. How many battles will he have us in? I am not sure how I will vote, but I know I will because it is my right, and I will not give up that right.







No comments:

Post a Comment