Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OK. This is new to me, but if anyone has issues with the news of the day, well so do I. I am tired of being labeled. I do not understand why we  had the race riots and we have an Equal Rights Amendment if we are going to keep placing ourselves back before these trials that we faced. No one wanted to be labeled by their race, now one labels oneself. It is either African-American, or Asian-American, not Americans. If you do not want o be labeled because of your race, do not label your race to yourself. If someone asks, do not reply with a label. If we are Americans, then that should be our label. Every time we allow ourselves to be labeled by the color of our skin, then we place a barrier between who we are and want we want to be seen as. I have researched my genealogy and know for a fact that I am a mixed up pup. If I had to wear a label, it would be mutt. Now I am no mutt and I refuse to allow the government or any other group to label me as such. I am not white, because I have some tanned skin in places and I have Cherokee and Choctaw in my blood. I am not a Native American because I was not here when this country was established. I AM AN AMERICAN BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN AMERICA TO PARENTS BORN IN AMERICA FOR FIVE GENERATIONS. My label is American and proud to be labeled in this way. Not by my race or my religion, but by birth. If you are born in another country and you become a citizen of America, then you are American. No longer your birth nationality, you gave that up. If you want equality, start off on equal ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment